All the king's horses and all the king's men

....couldn't, but WE DID!


We had the best time on Science Friday!  We focused on letter Hh this week, and, of course, that means Humpty Dumpty! I looked forward to this activity all week.  I had a hard time not telling the kids about what I had planned!


We built a wall for Humpty from blocks.  I used these old cardboard blocks just in case things got really messy.  We talked A LOT about rolling Humpty off the wall, not pitching him!


Then, we separated the insides from the shell.  The eggs were just from the refrigerator, so that was easy since the eggs were really cold.  I sure hope I remember that fro next year.

I was so proud of how each set of partners talked out what supplies they would need to put Humpty back together.  We brainstormed before we even started the activity on what things held other things together.  Ideas included: gluesticks, glue bottles, paperclips, tape, rubber bands, and foil.







We tried lots of glue, but tape was the big winner!

I love Fridays!!!!!

                                                                                Holly   






Maybe we can't all be stars, but we can all shine!



No comments

Back to Top