The calm before the storm....

Look at this!  All the tables are where they are supposed to be with the right number of chairs.  The art center isn't covered in play dough and scraps of paper!

The dress-up center is clean and organized! The clothes are hanging and all the babies have clothes!

My chair is ready!  All I need are my kids!

This will be my 31st year in the classroom, and I'm still having fun!  I've read lots of blogs and tips on what to do on your first day of school or even during your first year of teaching.  My advice...
HAVE FUN!
Your little guys are looking at you to set the tone for the classroom.  If you're not having fun, they're not having fun!  And the first few days of K should be FUN!

Now, I'm not saying there won't be moments of frustration, tears, and whining, along with whatever the kids do! But, take a deep breath, put a smile on your face, and sing a silly song.  Yes, we teach routines, and take lunch money, and collect supplies, and a million other little things that need to be done! Don't let the busyness of these days take your JOY!

So, read YOUR favorite back to school books.  Sing YOUR favorite silly songs. Do YOUR favorite finger plays and rhymes.  Have YOUR favorite snack (within reason!) 

To celebrate all you new and vintage teachers out there, I am going to have a little giveaway.  I have a  small post office box ready to stuff with some of my favorite teacher things!  And, believe me, I know how to stuff a box!
Here's a sneak peek!


I just love Mr. Sketch markers!  I found this new set!  Have you tried them? Want to win a set, along with lots of other stuff I have to have?

Just leave your email in a comment.  Next Saturday, July 25, I'll have  my husband randomly pick a number.  I'll email you to get your address!  Good luck!



Enjoy your last few days of summer and remember to HAVE FUN!
Holly




9 comments

  1. I haven't tried Mr. Sketch brand markers yet but I see so many posts about them that I plan to get some before school starts! skk.worth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers are crossed!! :o) ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful school year. Sandikang@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice classroom! This will be my 26th year teaching and I'm still looking for and trying new ideas. I like to keep things fresh for myself! :) When do you start school? rasey44@myfrontiermail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the affirmation of being a veteran teacher! My teammates and I were just talking about how we don't see many veteran teachers in the classroom anymore. Here's to another "FUN" year helping kids grow. matschke1io@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I would love to win! Thank you! wareamy7270@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks great! I'd love a surprise for the beginning of the school year! :) lorepuckett at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your room! As a brand new kindergarten teacher, I love your advice to set the tone and have fun! Thank you! shadowjt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Lee Ann!
    Thanks to everyone who left a comment!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top